hello & welcome to my blog! such as it is. check out some stuff & FEEL FREE TO COMMENT (will be screened) scroll down to my links section for my lj & dw profiles. i joined lj & will be cross-posting some things from dw. (update 9-6-16)
1. anytime he talked about star trek. he would toss out words like; klingon, phaser, & replicator (which apparently wasn't one of those replicators) and letter groups like TNG & TOS. all of which confused her.
2. when mitchell talked about cars. transmissions, distributors, carburetors & some sort of plugs that sparked. vala was befuddled.
3. if he'd go on about sports. point spreads, drafts, end zones, designated hitters & playing off. she was left bewildered.
4. whenever mitchell discussed the finer points of beer. lager, stout, lite, dark & drinkability. it confounded vala.
5. he was interested in sam & she in him, if vala was reading the signs correctly. vala couldn't understand whey he didn't make a move. was it the difference in rank? some regulation? both seemed to be discombobulated. she was perplexed by them both.
i'd like to preface this by saying i haven seen it & will never see it. this is all for various spoilers.
first of all; young people, what is it with all of these movie franchises doing the early years crap now? second; the fancy-pants ship. WTF? it's the ibridge by apple apparently. aaannnnddddd it's a freakin' alternate time-line! which means that 40 years of trek history (some good, some bad) never happened!! never mind all of the other WTFery of kirk being an arrogant ass (more than usual), vlucan being destroyed, spock & uhura are a item (her maybe to get kirk jealous) some people have a problem because it a teacher/student thing, the romulans are less than great, the original spock (they call him spock prime in the credits *rolls eyes*) shows up with something called red matter, (not sure what this is or why he has it, but it's very dangerous), mccoy gets pushed to the side story-wise, and there's more i just can't recall it all.
most people are; "OMG! it's great!" or "OMG! it's horrible!" i really don't see how anyone can call this star trek. as my brother said; "it's not star trek, it's an action movie in space" i agree. i'm afraid to read full spoilers for this, i'm sick enough as it is. i won't even tag this post with "star trek." lest it soil the title. all of the people involved in the original series who have passed on are going "WTF?!" as we speak.
*clings to all of the trek (series, movies & novels) that have gone before this*
Five things that happened when SG-1 took a team trip to Disney World.
teal'c got sick on the mad tea party (spinning tea cups) ride.
mitchell got a date with the woman playing cinderella and the one playing snow white.
jack got sunburned when he fell asleep at blizzard beach.
daniel got lost while looking for a bathroom in the park; twice.
sam quietly cried in her room nearly every night. her mother was a fan of everything disney; the movies, the collectables & the music. she had forgotten until they arrived at the park, nearly every character they saw stirred up a new memory. coming there made sam realize how much she still missed her.
The five animals at the zoo which most fascinate Teal'c.
1. the giraffes. they're so tall.
2. the elephants. he was fascinated by how they could pick things up with their trunks.
3. the rhinos. their horns remind him of some of the more formidable armor he's seen in the galaxy.
4. the manatees. teal'c can't understand how sailors could think they were mermaids, even if they were dehydrated.
5. the platypuses. once, before he was first prime, giant versions of them killed 8 jaffa in a unit that teal'c commanded on a planet that they were investigating for apophis. needless to say they didn't go back.