to anyone reading this
Friday, December 26, 2008
1. they both had a bit of a coffee addiction. although dr. carter preferred fancier blends.
2. they were both fond of blue jello.
3. both of them liked to wear sexy undergarments.
4. they both wrote a term paper called; simple explanations for fundamental physics concepts.
5. all the little things you'd expect; same pet names, they preferred the same side of the bed, hated the same foods, etc.
Friday, December 19, 2008
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
so on joseph mallozzi's blog, he mentioned that during his trip to tokyo that he got some macrons (not to be confused with macaroons) well they reminded me of gobs, a.k.a whoopie pies. which i've been craving ever since. (even though my last experience with them was less than great) well my brother found some mini ones at a local supermarket and they were very good. so if the quality stays up, we will be getting them again.
BTW apparently gobs are just about as rare as macrons, which are usually found in a french bakery. i don't think there's a french bakery on this side of the atlantic outside of quebec.
Saturday, December 13, 2008
1. sometimes their senses were messed up. they couldn't always taste sour things & occasionnaly could only smell the strongest of odors.
2. they had bouts of insomnia where they might only get an hour or two of sleep every night for a week.
3. sudden brief headaches.
4. odd cravings. like having pineapple on their pizzas.
5. rare erectile dysfunction. very rare.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
you put your ipod on shuffle and put down the first line from the first 20 songs. the 21 us the title of the poem.
since i don't have an ipod *pouts* i'm using my favorite list from youtube.
Take this pink ribbon off my eyes
It's morning I wake up
I am the one and only, oh yeah
Oh baby, baby
This is the story about a girl named Lucky.
Baby, I'm so into you
Drew looks at me
Please don't stop the music
I could lose my heart tonight
Late at night when all the world is sleeping
The dawn is breaking
I like to dream yes, yes, right between my sound machine
Can anybody find me somebody to love?
I can't stop The way I feel
Break, eject, Eject, eject
I’m bringing sexy back
You’re all smiles and silly conversation
So lately been wondrin'
Oh yeah yeah...
I'm so tired of being here
This time, This place
a couple of lines make sense together, mostly it's kind of odd
Monday, December 08, 2008
Friday, December 05, 2008
1. her paternal grandmother's tuna salad recipe. which she didn't mind because it tasted too much like pickles.
2. which member of sg-1 french kissed her after they'd had too much to drink one new year's eve.
3. the phobias of most of the staff members of the sgc.
4. just how much trouble cassie had adapting to her new life on earth.
5. that she'd been married briefly in her late teens. it ended after a miscarriage & him cheating with an older woman.
Friday, November 28, 2008
anyway i forgot this blogs 2nd year anniversary on oct. 26 *shakes head* lots of crap going on in my life and i was watching for the 250 post mark, which i missed too. *sigh*
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
i saw this post on live journal about who jack o'neill is for people who write fan fic. and while i don't write that, i started to think who he is in my mind. RDA is the reason i started to watch the show after all.
he is all of that in people's replies (he's more complicated than he let's on, but who isn't?) but he's also this in my mind;
he's loyal, once you're a friend you're friends for life. even if you don't see him for years. if you're on his crap list, there's no hope.
he's brand loyal. once he's found something he likes he sticks with it. he's traditional. he mourns the fact that you can't find just plain tooth paste anymore.
jack belongs to the school of; if it's not broke, don't fix it.
he's the kind of guy who will bail you out of jail at 3 a.m. no questions asked. (he'll grumble the whole time though) also he'll drive you home from a party when you've had too much to drink.
jack doesn't give advice on your latest life-crises, so don't ask. don't dump your problems on him. he has enough of his own, thank you very much.
jack's like of children can be attributed to two things; 1. he only had one (he's irish-catholic you know) and 2. he lost that only child.
he's smarter than he lets on. he rarely shows it bceause once "they" know you're smart, they want that level from you all of the time.
i think that's all. if i think of something else i'll add it later
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
1. teal'c insisted on a star wars marathon (original trilogy only) at her place after she turned down an offer of "observing a battle in a ring in jello."
2. daniel took her to a series of poetry readings. even though sam was sure he was bored out of his mind & was mentally translating the poems into ancient greek or something.
3. jack sent her a series of e-mails with every political joke he had heard in washington. sam didn't have the heart to tell him that she didn't care for political humor.
4. vala took her to a flea market to do what she called; "treasure hunting on a more controlled scale."
5. mitchell took her out to dinner at the the fanciest restaurant that he could afford. she wasn't sure if they could call it a date because she had the higher rank now, but it was something to think about.
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Friday, November 21, 2008
someone added one in the comments;
Obama's sex scandal won't involve a cigar, if he has an affair with an intern it will involve cosplay.
(for those who don't know; cosplay is short for costume play. basically dressing um in a costume of a character from a movie, comic book/graphic novel or tv show & perhaps acting like said character. done mostly at conventions)
when i read that out to my brother, responded like a reporter would; "could you tell us why she was dressed like a cat-girl?" (a cat-girl is more or less just that; a girl with cat ears & tail and sometimes acts like a cat. found in some anime stories)
well, for some reason that amused the hell out of me. i totally LMAO to the point where i could barely breathe and my brother thought that i was going to wet myself.
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Your Inner Child Is Sad
You're a very sensitive soul.
You haven't grown that thick skin that most adults have.
Easily hurt, you tend to retreat to your comfort zone.
You don't let many people in - unless you've trusted them for a long time.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
so remember, vote early and vote often.
Monday, November 10, 2008
5 ways Daniel ends up in prison.
not sure if all of these warrant going to prison, maybe just jail
1. on the planet that jack nicknamed "politically correct" who knew it was considered sexual harassment to complement their host's wife on her dress?
2. he once painted horns on kinsey campaign posters.
3. the rest of sg-1 busted daniel out of confinement on P4-856 for "grave robing" when he investigated some local ruins.
4. all of those unpaid parking tickets he got going to various lectures, meetings & libraries for research.
5. the night that cassie turned 17 her boyfriend didn't take "no" for an answer. she got away thanks to self-defence moves jack & teal'c taught her. daniel went to see him with a tire iron looking to bash his head in, but the jerk wasn't home. so daniel settled for bashing the windows, headlights & taillights of his 4x4 truck.
Tuesday, November 04, 2008
Monday, November 03, 2008
1. they all have been ascended and came back.
2. they've all been hosts to a goa'uld & had it removed.
3. the men have fathered many children on several worlds.
4. the woman are so beautiful, that if you look at them too long you'll either be blinded or loose your mind.
5. they keep loosing their pants or other articles of clothing.
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Sunday, October 26, 2008
these were for lexa doig who played dr. lam in seasons 9 & 10.
Archersangel writes: “1. do you wish more back story would’ve been given for dr. lam? like why she became a doctor? or why she was distanced from her father? was it more than the usual “child of divorce” thing? did the writers tell you anything? or did you have something mind while playing her?
See above…("see above" is:)
A little of an extended back story… Beau and I discussed his back story before we started filming, and that informed mine a bit. Here’s something you don’t know about Carolyn Lam: she paid her way through her extensive Doogie Howser-esque schooling by table dancing in Lithuania.
2. and now that your husband has his own official site
could you ask that he blog there once in a while. or send in a note like richard dean anderson does for his site?”
Sure… but he never listens to me, I’m his wife.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Saturday, October 18, 2008
well first of all that damn kid is his offspring. *rollseyes* if you saw the young indiana jones chronicles (& judging by the ratings you probably didn't) older (90-ish) indy would often set up the story and in one of them he had a grandkid. so he had to have had an offspring at some point.
the whole alien thing was a WTF, IMHO. it was borrowed from an sg-1 episode, couldn't they come up with a better idea after 20 years? *raises an eyebrow at george lucas*
most of the movie had an odd tint to it, especially the beginning. my brother said they must've been going for a comic book look.
blanchett(sp?) was good as the baddie. evil, without being over the top. again IMHO.
i was wondering how they'd top the snakes of the first one, the bugs of the second one & the rats of the third. it was ants. BIG, hungry ants. *twitches* my brother said they might have been bullet ants. which, strangely enough, he was talking about the other day.
there was an interesting brief look at the arc from the first movie in the warehouse. which my brother called "a special guest appearance." there were also nods to the young indy series.
i heard that this movie didn't go over well in peru, where the climax of the movie took place. neither my brother or myself see anything objectionable in regards to the country or the locals. *shrugs*
at the end i thought they were going to do a "passing of the torch" thing to his kid & almost passed out in relief when they didn't. *cheers*
overall, not bad. it's not a waste of money or time.
Friday, October 17, 2008
Your result for The Harry Potter Wand Test...
9", Oak, Unicorn
You scored 42 wisdom, 17 bravery, 32 emotional, and 22 martyrdom!
Thursday, October 16, 2008
i don't get some of these guys the call "hot," mostly on TV. most are average-looking at best, odd-looking at worst. i think it's some kind of perception issue. like some kind of beergoogles effect. be honest; if you saw any of these guys in real life, would you think they were hot? if they worked in the cubical next to you or at the grocery store that you got to & the flirted with you, you'd probably complain to your friends about these guys.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Wednesday, October 08, 2008
Your Dominant Thinking Style: Modifying
Super logical and rational, you consider every fact available to you.
You don't make rash decisions and are rarely moved by emotion.
You prefer what's known and proven - to the new and untested.
You tend to ground those around you and add stability.
Monday, October 06, 2008
Monday, September 29, 2008
1. swei ju'iu (rough translation: hide & see)
some children hide, others look them for them and take them prisoner. those not captured try to free the prisoners. the game ends when all the hiders are caught or all those captured are set free.
2. bi'bo al'kesh (rough translation: take the village)
a group of children defend a small area with an object (painted stone or piece of wood) from another group of children trying to take it. the game ends when the object is taken or all of those trying to capture it have been taken prisoner.
3. dis'tra jankin (rough translation: you dare tell?)
usually played by teenagers, one asks another a question if she/he prefers not to answer they must run several laps around an area or lift a large rock over their heads several times.
4. mid'cha ihn'tar (rough translation: pay attention to the changes)
children divide into two groups; taking turns one child stands in front of their group and mimes a person, place, phrase or animal. there is a time limit for the group to guess. after 10 words are mimed whichever group has guessed the most correctly wins.
5. ni'ya ihn'tar (rough translation: listen to the changes)
a variation on the above where one makes the sound of a bird, animal, device, musical instrument or imitates a persons voice to be guessed by their group.
goa'uld words found here: http://members.liwest.at/reno/transl_goa.h
Sunday, September 28, 2008
You Are Strawberry Ice Cream
A bit shy and sensitive, you are sweet to the core.
You often find yourself on the outside looking in.
Insightful and pensive, you really understand how the world works.
You are most compatible with chocolate chip ice cream.
Sunday, September 21, 2008
|- September 21 -|
|You are very clever and knowledgeable. You are very calm and cool in social situations. You are kind and sympathetic to people, although you like to choose your friends carefully.|
Positive Traits:versatile, energetic, easy-going, charismatic, good conversationalist
Negative Traits:scattered focus, restlessness, overly sensitive, glib, unreliability
'What does your Birthdate mean?' at QuizGalaxy.com
all of the good traits apply, none of the bad
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Wednesday, September 03, 2008
Friday, August 29, 2008
Go to the stargate wiki home page and click random article. That is your band's name.
Click random article again; that is your album name.
Click random article 15 more times; those are the tracks on your album.
band name: the queen (sga episode)
album name: michael beach
1. zyang wu
2. eric steinberg
3. robert c. cooper (apparently all of these name ones are songs in honor of people)
4. fifth (about beethoven's)
5. time line of the ancients (cool)
6. kel shak lo
7. detective ryan (ballad)
8. jason calder
9. a matter of time
10. michael p. northey
14. season seven (a tribute to a favorite tv show)
15. george dzudza
Monday, August 25, 2008
|- August 25 -|
|You are very independent and fearless. You have a lot of pride in yourself, and have confidence that you can do anything you put your mind to.|
Positive Traits:logical, intuitive, rational, responsible, perfectionist
Negative Traits:inflexibility, paranoia, introversion, misanthropy, obsessive
'What does your Birthdate mean?' at QuizGalaxy.com
i don't think any of these apply to him
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Monday, August 18, 2008
since i had the countdown up i thought i should say something about michael shanks on burn notice.
well, basically he latched onto the scenery and didn't stop chewing the whole time. i know he's the bad guy, but he was a bad guy in 24 as well & didn't over act at all. i was hoping for a performance like that. or what he did in the SG-1 episode absolute power. something subdued, yet effective.
well there are three more episodes at the end of the season ( i.e. sometime next year after a hiatus) to see if the performance changes.
Saturday, August 16, 2008
i submitted some questions of my own.
these were for writer/director/executive producer of ark of truth robert c. cooper
Friday, August 15, 2008
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
i submited some questions of my own.
these were to janina gavankar (sgt. "dusty" mehra from the season 5 episode whispers)
Archer’s Angel writes: “1. who would you like to have a scene with on sga that you didn’t yet have one with?
1. Everyone else! Our episode felt like it’s own little show b/c the only regular characters were Shep and Carson, which was fun, but we missed the others.
2. what did you like about your character?
2. I loved that Dusty was a silent killer. All guts and glory.
3. if you wrote an episode that focused on your character what would it be called?
3. Hm. Oo! How bout a silent film-esque episode?? it would be called “…”
4. do you like sci-fi? if so, what sci-fi books, movies and tv shows do you like?”
4. I do like scifi! I love X-Files, Lost, (if you consider that scifi), BSG, of COURSE Stargate and all it’s permutations. I now love Neil Gaiman, but I grew up reading Vonnegut, Douglas Adams, and Michael Chrichton. I read Sphere waaaay too young. Scared the pants off me…. Wow… typing this makes me realize how much of a fan i REALLY am.
for more q & a; see the july 6 entry
Sunday, August 10, 2008
sam: take a chance on me--abba
jack: on the road again--willie nelson
mitchell: danger zone--kenny loggins (top gun)
teal'c: theme from shaft--isaac hayes
Tuesday, August 05, 2008
now i have to think of what to put up next. *looks at other banners* *ponders*
Monday, August 04, 2008
1. he sleeps with an old teddy bear. she knows because he muttered about it once while sleeping at his station.
2. he hums when he pees. she only knows this because the door on the bathroom in her office isn't that thick.
3. he has a birthmark resembling the symbol for pi on his left buttock. dr. keller told her.
4. he doesn't like bread pudding. he always makes a face when it's in the mess hall.
5. he always wears his "lucky socks" off-world. he fusses when he can't find them.
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Your result for The Classic Dames Test...
Find out what kind of classic leading man you'd make by taking the
Classic Leading Man Test.
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
"i have a feeling that i'll die alone. don't ask why, it's just a feeling i've had most of my life."
"i do not like dogs. they remind me of wolves."
"i'm afraid of the water. i almost drowned when i was 6."
"i don't understand why i was chosen for ascension."
"i'm afraid of heights and yet i'm a pilot. go figure."
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Thursday, July 24, 2008
but they're being nice and accepting less if you can't cut it.
i'm doing 50 things i love about stargate & one for a "name your own prompt"
and i hope that's it.
Monday, July 21, 2008
1. he seized opportunities. when some of his friends wanted to backpack through europe the summer before college he didn't hesitate to join them.
2. he decided to wait until he was 21 to start drinking beer. he didn't want to get into any of the trouble that he did in his "other life" when he started at 16. of course he wouldn't have any of the fun either, but he thought it was a good trade-off.
3. he was more selective about who he dated. before he'd ask women out because they were hot, only to have most of them turn out to be some kind of lunatic.
4. he read more books. they were mostly star trek novels, but a book is a book.
5. he chose a different career; airline pilot. he got to travel the world with the bonus of cute stewardess.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
|- July 16 -|
|You are very sensitive and sympathetic to the feelings of others. You are friendly and fun to be with, but you are easily hurt by others. You are a homebody sometimes and enjoy just chilling with friends.|
Positive Traits:technically brilliant, innovative, creative, analytical, original
Negative Traits:emotional repression, misanthropy, irrational, cynicism, coldness
'What does your Birthdate mean?' at QuizGalaxy.com
he is a homebody. technical, i wouldn't say brilliant & i won't comment on any negative traits.
Monday, July 14, 2008
Monday, July 07, 2008
Five things Daniel wants to do before he dies (for good).
1. write a novel. some kind of cross between indiana jones & star trek.
2. finish reading the harry potter books. right now he's half-way through #6.
3. go on an "unauthorized visit" of the paris catacombs to see the places not on the the official tour.
4. find out some of his family history on both sides of his family. he knows a lot about ancient history, but not much about his own.
5. take up painting. he always wanted to do that.
Friday, July 04, 2008
Wednesday, July 02, 2008
the story at gateworld
joseph mallozzi's blog entry
he seemed like a good, nice guy and by all accounts he was. as someone said at the bbaords at scifi.com 'hammond of texas has fallen in battle" he will be missed.
Sunday, June 29, 2008
i'm hot, tired, hurting slightly from sleeping wrong on my arm. ugh!
great entry, eh what?
ETA: now i recall something. in the five things entries, i might add or change some things, but they are my entries form the site. i swear on all my star trek books.
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Thursday, June 19, 2008
1. having birthday parties at chuck e. cheese, by the time she got to earth she was a little to old for that.
2. santa claus. she thought that it would've been nice to believe in something so innocent.
3. having sleepovers. it was thought that cassie would talk in her sleep about where she was really from.
4. going trick or treating. another thing she was a little too old for when she came to earth.
5. saturday morning cartoons. she found them to be silly. but wished that she could enjoy them like earth children seemed too.
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Monday, June 09, 2008
the 4 times they didn't
after the events in fire and water, sam was so damn happy that he was still alive that after he was released from the infirmary, she went to his apartment. sam hugged him for the longest time, maybe too long. there was a moment where it seemed like he was going to kiss her, but the phone rang & disrupted the moment. sam left soon after.
in the alternate time line of moebius alt-daniel got an ego boost after being asked to the cheyenne mountain complex & all they were told. he went to alt-sam's room their first night there. they were sitting on her bed talking when he made his move. he put his hand on her knee and leaned in to kiss her, but she turned the wrong way and they bumped noses. he tried again & got the same result. by that time she was giggling so hard that he just left in defeat.
after janet died they both needed some comfort. daniel went to sam's quarters in the SGC to talk. they both cried for a long time, then he held her for a longer time. daniel was rubbing her back in a soothing way & it seemed like sam was about to kiss him, but someone knocked on the door and disrupted the moment. daniel left soon after.
once not long after sg-1 was formed, daniel had a high fever. sam went to visit him late at night. she wiped his forehead with a cool, wet cloth. in his delirium he thought that sam was sha're & started kissing her. he ran is hands under her shirt and sam pulled away. it was difficult, but she couldn't take advantage of the situation.
the 1 time they did
after jack put himself in stasis in antarctica, daniel went to sam's apartment. they talked about atlantis & what it could mean to find it. they had a couple beers and talked some more. somehow they ended up kissing. they took off their clothes on the way to the bedroom. in the morning they woke up a bit hungover and a little confused. neither mentioned it ever again.
Thursday, June 05, 2008
i was called an "individual" because he didn't know that i'm female. to be honest i was expecting to be called "food critic" because i comment on the weird food that he eats.
Tuesday, June 03, 2008
|- June 3 -|
|You are stylish, friendly and funny. You have the potential to think deeply and rationally and you always have time for your friends.|
Positive Traits:adaptable, resilient, charismatic, communicative, persuasive
Negative Traits:cynicism, irresponsibility, superficiality, overbearing, promiscuity
'What does your Birthdate mean?' at QuizGalaxy.com
i'm not stylish. but am a somewhat friendly & little funny. i don't think that deeply or rationaly. for the positives; none apply to me.
as for the negatives; i am cynical, not irresponsible, superficial or overbearing & certainly not promiscuous.
Monday, June 02, 2008
total accident that i posted this today i assure you.
ETA: added a "i got sorted" hogwarts/ harry potter thing on the right
ETA2: changed the "click here to help" things at the top. they take up less room, are self explanatory and the pastels are kind of nice IMHO.
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Your Score: Hieroglyphics
You are Egyptian Hieroglyphics! Monumental, ornate and even in technicolour! Your users contributed virtually all ancient knowledge on inks, dyes and writing surfaces - to the point where the popular reed of Papyrus became the universal name for organic, manufactured writing surfaces in the western hemisphere for thousands of years. Proud, upstanding and dignified.
|Link: The Which Ancient Language Are You Test written by imipak on OkCupid Free Online Dating, home of the The Dating Persona Test|
View My Profile(imipak)
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
1. she likes singing karaoke.
2. she collects manga.
3. sometimes she doesn't wear panties.
4. she's a wiccan.
5. she writes star trek fan fiction.
Sunday, May 25, 2008
so here's to those who served, those currently serving & those who will serve in the future.
BTW don't drink & drive this holiday (or any other time) & remember that "buzzed" driving is the same as drunk driving.
Thursday, May 22, 2008
as for the blog stuff; i changed a tag. the general stargate stuff is now tagged with "sg" & the 5 things stuff is remaining "stargate."
Monday, May 19, 2008
so my mother got it into her head to make rice crispy treats, but with melted chocolate rather than marshmallows. so she gets the giant box of r. crispies & a bag of chocolate chips. plus a big bag of mini marshmallows to make the regular ones.
in the we got to work greasing a 13x9 baking pan with butter. and following the directions, melted the butter & then all of the marshmallows in a large ceramic roasting pot in the microwave. we quickly stirred crispies, shoved the stuff in the baking ban. batch #1 complete.
for batch #2 butter & chocolate were melted and a goodly amount of crispies were added. a problem quickly appeared; not enough chocolate. PANIC! a quick trip to the store provided the solution in the form of more marshmallows and for some reason another bag of chocolate. the marshmallows were added and melted an put into another pan. with the result of a s'more like concoction. it was good. so we have a bag of chocolate & some leftover marshmallows. will there be a sequel?
Saturday, May 17, 2008
1. the torture. it's necessary to keep them in line. qetesh told her. but why did she often do it in front of the victim's families?
2. the destruction of a planet. usually when the naquadah ran out. especially since the people were often still on it.
3. the rape. qetesh saw it as seduction, but the person didn't have a choice. it was "do or die."
4. the killing. usually it was if the person didn't please her in bed. other killings she had her first prime do.
5. the terror. she park her ship in orbit over a planet, unload the death gliders & grin as the planet's leaders begged for mercy. when she got tired of them "sniveling & wetting their pants" she'd threaten to come back and wipe them out for no reason they could figure out. then pack up and move on.
Monday, May 12, 2008
Saturday, May 10, 2008
"remember when saturday was your friend? you looked forward to saturday morning cartoons. ghostbusters & whatnot. now it's stabbed you in the back and joined forces with monday."
to quote firefly; "curse your sudden, but inevitable betrayal."
Thursday, May 08, 2008
today we went back into town for some stuff. i had this feeling that we should check the laundromat, just to see if they were there. low and behold, there they were! on top of the bigger washers. (you know what people do) they were still wet, so we threw them in a dryer for a while & took them home.
three cheers for women's intuition!!
Sunday, May 04, 2008
Friday, April 25, 2008
Five things members of SG-1 did after the apocalypse.
presume there's a new enemy & the stargate program has been made public
1. sg-1 had been in the thick of things, as would be expected. sam had been having a meeting with the director homeworld security when his office building outside of D.C. was hit. after the smoke cleared jack & sam were trapped in the office, jack's assistant had been in the reception area.
"general?! colonel?!" he called out. "we're here!" jack called back. "anyone hurt?" the man asked. jack and sam checked themselves out. "we're fine." sam told him. "how long to get us out?" jack asked. "i don't know sir. most of the ceiling came down out here and i smell smoke, so there's a fire somewhere...." the assistant told them. "see if you can get some help. we'll be fine." sam told him. they sat on the floor to wait.
30 minuets had passed and there was no sign of help. the building rumbled and some of the ceiling started to fall. sam & jack sat closer together on the floor. maybe we won't be fine. jack thought. he turned to sam and said: "i love you." she was slient for so long he was afraid she'd laugh or say it's too late. sam smiled and said: "i know." jack wanted to say something more profound, but then sam started kissing him and pulling at his clothes. so "profound" went out the window.
2. daniel wasn't on earth during the final battle took place. he was on atlantis researching through the Alterans's (ancient's) database for something that could help. after he heard the news daniel went into a depression. he wished he could've been there, but he was a scholar not warrior. it was the same argument daniel had with himself a thousand times before. after a few days he managed to pull himself out of his funk enough to realize that his life on earth was over. atlantis was his home now.
3. vala wasn't on earth either. she stole a goa'uld cargo ship, loaded it with what she could and ran. vala thought she'd be braver than that, but it didn't work out that way. she wondered if what she got from selling the cargo ship would ease her guilt.
4. mitchell had been flying a new X303 during the final battle. he got shot down somewhere over russia. as cam fought to control his descent he half-hoped he'd die this time. since last time the recovery was so difficult. when mitchell woke up in a hospital bed he found a nurse waiving a goa'uld healing device over him. she must be one of those who had naquadah injected to operate goa'uld technology. he thought. it wouldn't be so difficult this time.
5. teal'c didn't live to see the final battle. he was killed during the first strike. he went down fighting.
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
i'm a few days late & a few dollars short on this, but the 7th hary poter movie will be in 2 parts because there's so much stuff going on. in truth, all of the movies could've been in 2 parts. i don't know how they decide what stays and what goes.
and while on the subject of the HP movies, i wish they'd redo #4 somehow. i found it to be "choppy." i thought it was because i saw the first 3 movies before i read the books. (i read 4 & 5 before saw the movies) but my mom thought i was "choppy" too. and don't get me started on some of the boys' hair. i don't care if they're in a magic school, their hair would not be allowed to be that long!
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Monday, April 14, 2008
1. while on a mission the team becomes infected with a virus that turns them into primitive beings. the producers said the make-up would cost too much. and one called it a "silly idea."
2. a world's version of leonardo di vinci tricks dr. levant into switching bodies with him so he can have the life he believes he's owed. martin was told this would confuse the average viewer.
3. colonel danning is trapped off-world for 3 months when a landslide buries the gate. he eventuality adjusts to a slower way of life. "not that interesting." the producers said.
4. the command center is caught in a time loop. repeating the same day over and over, but two members of the team are the only ones to realize it. "groundhog day has been done to death." martin was told.
5. while the team is being perused by the enemy on a spaceship loaded with a dieing race's most advanced technology, stacy monroe creates "a world of their own in a bubble." where "one day is one minute to the outside world." she can't figure out how to get them out & they spend the next 60 years trapped there. slated to be the final episode of the series, martin was told "it's too depressing." and to "find a more up-beat ending for the series."
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Five things Daniel remembers most clearly about his parents.
1. their love of old movies. they'd schedule their day around one on TV & drive to the nearest large city to film festivals.
2. their enjoyment of cooking. neither was a great chef, but they loved the process & the end product. even if it was as simple as mac & cheese.
3. they loved educating, for their own advancement or someone else's. they talk at length on any number of subjects at the drop of a hat just hoping to get someone interested in them.
4. their love of animals. they would often take lost animals to the local shelter.
5. their love for each other & him. every morning before breakfast they would give each other a kiss and say "i love you." then they would do the same with him.
Tuesday, April 08, 2008
the not so much is moonlighting. i remember it as a quirky, romantic detective show. what we saw when we rented was a odd-ball, weirdo mess. we stopped after the first season and not even the promise of peierce brosnan as remington steel in a guest spot could induce us to watch any more. however you could see the chemistry between sheppard & willis, they practically smoked.
the things that do are: mangum p.i; murder she wrote; columbo; the golden girls; star trek (TOS & TNG); wild, wild, west. i don't remember seeing the perry mason TV series in reruns, but it's a good show IMHO. maybe macgyver & stargate: sg-1 should be added to the list at some point. *hint, hint*
Monday, April 07, 2008
Your Score: The Squirrel
You scored 62% domestic, 30% gregarious, 21% trickster, and 32% intellect!
Domestic, Solitary, Serious, Emotional: you are the Squirrel!
Squirrel people tend to be organized, thrifty, prepared for anything, slightly obsessive. Squirrel medicine teaches the benefit of good planning, looking towards the future, and conservation. The squirrel is a symbol of delayed gratification, resourcefulness, agility, and foresight.
This test categorized you based on four different axes of personality, which were then associated with a different animal. The four axes, as well as all possible results are explained below.
Wild/Domestic: This first axis categorizes you based on how much you are drawn to the outdoors, versus how much you are drawn to civilized situations. Domesticity has many shapes and forms, and varies from the joy of dolphins leaping next to a ship to the steadfast loyalty of a family dog.
Gregarious/Solitary: This axis measures how solitary you are. If you scored high, it means that you enjoy the company of other people, while a low score indicates that you prefer a more solitary lifestyle.
Trickster/Serious: This axis measures how well you line up with conventional trickster archetypes. People who fall into this archetype have a sense of humor and an excitable, highly chaotic streak. Scoring low doesn't mean that you don't have a sense of humor; it just means that you probably don't think dynamite is very funny.
Intellectual/Emotional: This last axis determines whether you are more emotional -- acting based on feelings and instinct, or rational and intelectual -- acting more on thought than on your gut feelings.
|Link: The Animal Archetype Test written by crumpetsfortea on OkCupid, home of the The Dating Persona Test|
View My Profile(crumpetsfortea)
Wednesday, April 02, 2008
1. he hurt her mother. not intentionality. it's just that she spent too many nights listing to her mother cry herself to sleep from loneliness & worry to readily forgive him.
2. when she was 17, by some miracle, they spent a whole summer together. it wasn't the magical bonding time either envisioned. he rented a cabin near some podunk town & expected her to go birdwatching with him. if she never heard "when i was your age...." or "young lady...." again it would be too soon. the last straw was when she started sneaking out to see a 19 year old high school drop-out mechanic. he ended up taking her virginity during their last date.
3. when she started her education to become a doctor, he wanted her to go to his alma mater. three generations of landrys had gone so it was "good enough for her." she had no interest in competing with the memories of those generations. besides she wanted to go to a "party school."
4. when she turned 21 she decided to use her mother's maiden name. he pretended to be OK with it, but he was hurt & insulted.
5. she could never forgive him not being there. not for her 6th birthday party. not for her perfect attendance award for the 8th grade. not for her sweet 16 party. not for a dozen big things & a thousand little ones. just for not being there.
Saturday, March 29, 2008
Five times Sam and Daniel went out together (five things they did as friends or on a "date").
1. they went to an art gallery showing a collection of nudes.
2. they went to see indiana jones and the kingdom of the chrystal skull.
3. they went to a poetry reading. daniel kept himself awake by mentally translating the poems in to goa'uld.
4. they went together to cassie's high school graduation.
5. they went out for pizza most saturday nights.
all of this lead some people at the sgc to speculate on whether or not "the wonder twins" were an item. they weren't.
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
1) Grab the book nearest to you (no cheating by grabbing a cool book!)
2) Open it to page 123 (so make sure it has at least that many pages!)
3) Count five sentences down
4) Post the next three sentences
the book is wolfking by bridget wood
"perhaps i should have run away." said portan, sitting up now, her eyes bright. "we talked of it sometimes--those of us who were only deformed in body and no in mind." "you were able to do so?" said amairgen, and was glad to think that she had been able to find a friend or two, kindred spirits in the gealtacht.
Monday, March 24, 2008
You Are Emerald Green
Deep and mysterious, it often seems like no one truly gets you.
Inside, you are very emotional and moody - though you don't let it show.
People usually have a strong reaction to you... profound love or deep hate.
But you can even get those who hate you to come around. There's something naturally harmonious about you.
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
*warning! character death*
"general um, jack. i don't know if you two have a understanding or something....but....um....i'd like to ask out sam sometime."
over the phone;
"yes general, i know it's been 6 months since daniel's been taken by adria." "no sir, still no sign of him. um....the reason i called is to say that general landry, under pressure from the I.O.A., has disbanded the search...."
in mitchell's hospital room (after he was shot down over antarctica);
"i'm sorry mitchell, despite all of the strings i've pulled, i can't get you the leadership of sg-1"
in the sgc cafeteria;
"i know they said it was a joke, but i have to know....are you my father?"
on PX4-037 under heavy fire;
"hold on, general. i want to see how bad you're hit." mitchell pulled back jack's bloody shirt. his right side looked like hamburger. why did he want to come on this mission anyway? cam wondered. and why did this mission, of all missions, go FUBAR? he leaned to sniff the wound & smelled bowel. damn!
"cameron?" jack rasped. "yes sir?" "i'm proud....of the job you've done....with sg-1." mitchell, who had opened his med kit & was pulling out gauze pads, muttered; "thanks." "tell....the others....that i'm proud of....them too." jack took a ragged breath. "tell sam....that i....i love her." "you can tell her yourself sir." mitchell told him, putting gauze pads on jack's wound, a futile effort. "i should've....told her....years ago...." jack took a shallow breath & let it out slowly. "general?....jack?!" shit!
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Friday, March 14, 2008
personally i was never into video games. i play the occasional sports game and i was really into tetris & dr. mario for some reason. i live vicariously through my brother's playing. i give advice along the lines of "RUN! JUMP! DUCK! LOOK OUT!" i offer suggestions that he rarely takes and when he does, he
it's the same for sci-fi, no girls allowed. if they watch a show or movie, it's only because there's a "cute" guy in it.
for the record i've never watched a tv show or movie for a "cute" guy. take star trek for instance; i watched TOS when i was like 5 or 6 & had no interest in that sort of thing. i'm not sure why i like it frankly, but i did. even as i got older, i didn't find any cute guys in it. (although i now think the McCoy was "easy on the eyes") the same for TNG & DS9. as for VOY it wasn't until season 5 that i found paris to be "interesting." ENT is a different story. i was a fan of scott bakula's from quantum leap & it was STAR TREK.
i was about 5 or 6 for for voyagers! (sic), a tv show you've probaly never heard of, & it started my love for time travel.
for star wars. i was fascinated by this movie that everyone talked for years. i finally saw SW: an new hope on tv (with commercials) then a few years later i watched TESB & ROTJ back-to-back on cable. the last hour of which i had to pee so bad that i nearly passed out. i was like 10. it wasn't until later on i came to "appreciate" han solo.
stargate i'll freely admit i got into because of RDA (he was macgyver for crying out loud!) but if the stories weren't interesting i'm telling you right now i wouldn't have watched beyond the 3rd episode. it was later on that i found o'neill to be "interesting" & as for jackson, it wasn't until season 8.
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
5 epitaphs for SG-1.
warrior. patriarch. awarded the presidential citizens medal. friend.
scholar. reluctant warrior. awarded the presidential medal of freedom. peacemaker.
fisherman. simpsons fan. twice awarded the silver star. husband of samantha.
astrophysicist. physics nobel prize winner. awarded the airman’s medal. wife of jack.
air force pilot. twice awarded congressional medal of honor. four times awarded the purple heart. astronaut.
Saturday, March 08, 2008
second; we're renting the wild, wild west TV show from netflix. vastly superior to the movie a "what the f**k they were thinking?!" if i ever saw one. we seem to be on a western kick lately. we rented support your local sheriff not too long ago.
Wednesday, March 05, 2008
Monday, March 03, 2008
1. he talked about his childhood. about moving around when his dad got a new posting
2. mitchell talked about his high school crush amy vanderburg & how sometimes he wondered if she could've been "the one"
3. about the battle over antarctica, being shot down and his long, painful recovery
4. even though they said it was a joke, he sometimes wonders if o'neill is his dad
5. that he thought walter was weird
Thursday, February 28, 2008
You Belong in Fall
Intelligent, introspective, and quite expressive at times...
You appreciate the changes in color, climate, and mood that fall brings
Whether you're carving wacky pumpkins or taking long drives, autumn is a favorite time of year for you
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
2 books & 3 magazines sam wouldn't want anyone on her team to find at her house
the 2 books:
pride & prejudice. yes, she pictures herself as elizabeth bennet.
little women. some part of sam wanted sisters.
the 3 magazines:
cosmopolitan. she reads it for the articles on sex. sadly she rarely gets to test those theories.
glamour. because sam doesn't live in BDUs.
brides. because maybe, someday......
Monday, February 25, 2008
Saturday, February 16, 2008
- the trailer for indiana jone 4 is out. *points to countdown* go look & have a squee. or three. now if only that damn kid wasn't in it.
- scott bakula was on boston legal tuesday! it was a great episode.
- boston legal isn't on the list of ABC shows coming back in the fall. if you like the show write to the network. here's the link.
- the bboard at scifi.com got new software to cut back on the "trolls" but al it's doing is f-ing everything up. i, myself got caught in the net yesterday.
Friday, February 15, 2008
this one is about star wars.
- in the middle of all that action/adventure was the love story of han & leia. it got snuck in when no one was looking. very sneaky mr. lucas
- i never noticed how clean everyone/thing is in ROTJ until i read it somewhere. now i notice it all the time.
- as much as i like the millennium falcon, it's an odd design. the cockpit is on the side of the front for crying out loud!
- han shot first! i'll believe that until my dying day.
- jar-jar could've been worse.
- i liked the ewoks.
- i liked the music they originally had at the end of ROTJ.
- i didn't like the fact that the ending of the DVD version of ROTJ was changed it have young anikin instead of the old one. he was old when he died. they still had old ben & yoda.
- the costumes for amadala in episode 1 were too much IMHO.
- i wish the special editions had translations for the aliens & r2-d2