to anyone reading this
Friday, April 25, 2008
Five things members of SG-1 did after the apocalypse.
presume there's a new enemy & the stargate program has been made public
1. sg-1 had been in the thick of things, as would be expected. sam had been having a meeting with the director homeworld security when his office building outside of D.C. was hit. after the smoke cleared jack & sam were trapped in the office, jack's assistant had been in the reception area.
"general?! colonel?!" he called out. "we're here!" jack called back. "anyone hurt?" the man asked. jack and sam checked themselves out. "we're fine." sam told him. "how long to get us out?" jack asked. "i don't know sir. most of the ceiling came down out here and i smell smoke, so there's a fire somewhere...." the assistant told them. "see if you can get some help. we'll be fine." sam told him. they sat on the floor to wait.
30 minuets had passed and there was no sign of help. the building rumbled and some of the ceiling started to fall. sam & jack sat closer together on the floor. maybe we won't be fine. jack thought. he turned to sam and said: "i love you." she was slient for so long he was afraid she'd laugh or say it's too late. sam smiled and said: "i know." jack wanted to say something more profound, but then sam started kissing him and pulling at his clothes. so "profound" went out the window.
2. daniel wasn't on earth during the final battle took place. he was on atlantis researching through the Alterans's (ancient's) database for something that could help. after he heard the news daniel went into a depression. he wished he could've been there, but he was a scholar not warrior. it was the same argument daniel had with himself a thousand times before. after a few days he managed to pull himself out of his funk enough to realize that his life on earth was over. atlantis was his home now.
3. vala wasn't on earth either. she stole a goa'uld cargo ship, loaded it with what she could and ran. vala thought she'd be braver than that, but it didn't work out that way. she wondered if what she got from selling the cargo ship would ease her guilt.
4. mitchell had been flying a new X303 during the final battle. he got shot down somewhere over russia. as cam fought to control his descent he half-hoped he'd die this time. since last time the recovery was so difficult. when mitchell woke up in a hospital bed he found a nurse waiving a goa'uld healing device over him. she must be one of those who had naquadah injected to operate goa'uld technology. he thought. it wouldn't be so difficult this time.
5. teal'c didn't live to see the final battle. he was killed during the first strike. he went down fighting.
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
i'm a few days late & a few dollars short on this, but the 7th hary poter movie will be in 2 parts because there's so much stuff going on. in truth, all of the movies could've been in 2 parts. i don't know how they decide what stays and what goes.
and while on the subject of the HP movies, i wish they'd redo #4 somehow. i found it to be "choppy." i thought it was because i saw the first 3 movies before i read the books. (i read 4 & 5 before saw the movies) but my mom thought i was "choppy" too. and don't get me started on some of the boys' hair. i don't care if they're in a magic school, their hair would not be allowed to be that long!
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Monday, April 14, 2008
1. while on a mission the team becomes infected with a virus that turns them into primitive beings. the producers said the make-up would cost too much. and one called it a "silly idea."
2. a world's version of leonardo di vinci tricks dr. levant into switching bodies with him so he can have the life he believes he's owed. martin was told this would confuse the average viewer.
3. colonel danning is trapped off-world for 3 months when a landslide buries the gate. he eventuality adjusts to a slower way of life. "not that interesting." the producers said.
4. the command center is caught in a time loop. repeating the same day over and over, but two members of the team are the only ones to realize it. "groundhog day has been done to death." martin was told.
5. while the team is being perused by the enemy on a spaceship loaded with a dieing race's most advanced technology, stacy monroe creates "a world of their own in a bubble." where "one day is one minute to the outside world." she can't figure out how to get them out & they spend the next 60 years trapped there. slated to be the final episode of the series, martin was told "it's too depressing." and to "find a more up-beat ending for the series."
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Five things Daniel remembers most clearly about his parents.
1. their love of old movies. they'd schedule their day around one on TV & drive to the nearest large city to film festivals.
2. their enjoyment of cooking. neither was a great chef, but they loved the process & the end product. even if it was as simple as mac & cheese.
3. they loved educating, for their own advancement or someone else's. they talk at length on any number of subjects at the drop of a hat just hoping to get someone interested in them.
4. their love of animals. they would often take lost animals to the local shelter.
5. their love for each other & him. every morning before breakfast they would give each other a kiss and say "i love you." then they would do the same with him.
Tuesday, April 08, 2008
the not so much is moonlighting. i remember it as a quirky, romantic detective show. what we saw when we rented was a odd-ball, weirdo mess. we stopped after the first season and not even the promise of peierce brosnan as remington steel in a guest spot could induce us to watch any more. however you could see the chemistry between sheppard & willis, they practically smoked.
the things that do are: mangum p.i; murder she wrote; columbo; the golden girls; star trek (TOS & TNG); wild, wild, west. i don't remember seeing the perry mason TV series in reruns, but it's a good show IMHO. maybe macgyver & stargate: sg-1 should be added to the list at some point. *hint, hint*
Monday, April 07, 2008
Your Score: The Squirrel
You scored 62% domestic, 30% gregarious, 21% trickster, and 32% intellect!
Domestic, Solitary, Serious, Emotional: you are the Squirrel!
Squirrel people tend to be organized, thrifty, prepared for anything, slightly obsessive. Squirrel medicine teaches the benefit of good planning, looking towards the future, and conservation. The squirrel is a symbol of delayed gratification, resourcefulness, agility, and foresight.
This test categorized you based on four different axes of personality, which were then associated with a different animal. The four axes, as well as all possible results are explained below.
Wild/Domestic: This first axis categorizes you based on how much you are drawn to the outdoors, versus how much you are drawn to civilized situations. Domesticity has many shapes and forms, and varies from the joy of dolphins leaping next to a ship to the steadfast loyalty of a family dog.
Gregarious/Solitary: This axis measures how solitary you are. If you scored high, it means that you enjoy the company of other people, while a low score indicates that you prefer a more solitary lifestyle.
Trickster/Serious: This axis measures how well you line up with conventional trickster archetypes. People who fall into this archetype have a sense of humor and an excitable, highly chaotic streak. Scoring low doesn't mean that you don't have a sense of humor; it just means that you probably don't think dynamite is very funny.
Intellectual/Emotional: This last axis determines whether you are more emotional -- acting based on feelings and instinct, or rational and intelectual -- acting more on thought than on your gut feelings.
|Link: The Animal Archetype Test written by crumpetsfortea on OkCupid, home of the The Dating Persona Test|
View My Profile(crumpetsfortea)
Wednesday, April 02, 2008
1. he hurt her mother. not intentionality. it's just that she spent too many nights listing to her mother cry herself to sleep from loneliness & worry to readily forgive him.
2. when she was 17, by some miracle, they spent a whole summer together. it wasn't the magical bonding time either envisioned. he rented a cabin near some podunk town & expected her to go birdwatching with him. if she never heard "when i was your age...." or "young lady...." again it would be too soon. the last straw was when she started sneaking out to see a 19 year old high school drop-out mechanic. he ended up taking her virginity during their last date.
3. when she started her education to become a doctor, he wanted her to go to his alma mater. three generations of landrys had gone so it was "good enough for her." she had no interest in competing with the memories of those generations. besides she wanted to go to a "party school."
4. when she turned 21 she decided to use her mother's maiden name. he pretended to be OK with it, but he was hurt & insulted.
5. she could never forgive him not being there. not for her 6th birthday party. not for her perfect attendance award for the 8th grade. not for her sweet 16 party. not for a dozen big things & a thousand little ones. just for not being there.