to anyone reading this
Thursday, December 31, 2009
Friday, December 25, 2009
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
well they left stuff out, as was to be expected. but when they add stuff and change things around (like it wasn't luna that found harry on the train, but tonks) or the attack on the wesley home, that annoys me. i annoyed my brother by pointing this stuff out.
over all not a bad movie, but it was too dark for a PG rating. what was the rating board thinking?
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Your Christmas is Most Like: A Very Brady Christmas
For you, it's all about sharing times with family.
Even if you all get a bit cheesy at times.
Saturday, December 12, 2009
1. she read some books for leisure. sam didn't think much of "popular fiction" but she read angels and demons & the da vinci code (she liked the first one better) as well as the whole harry potter series. (no favorites there)
2. she revisited old haunts. the high school that she graduated from had been torn down in favor of a new building, but pizza shop where everyone used to hang out, the bakery were everyone got their birthday cakes & the park where she got her first kiss were still there.
3. she quietly checked on "her" family. her father's cancer had gone into remission & he retired from active duty to teach at the air force academy. her brother was living in san francisco and had gotten married later in his life, as a result he didn't have any children as of that time. her mother had died in the same way that she did in the original time line.
4. she went to some of the places that she always wanted to go in the U.S. one the few times that her father took the family on vacation, he'd visit civil war sites or militarily museums. so sam visited a few national parks & historical buildings.
5. she considered taking up the cello like she always wanted. sam even went as far as talking with a teacher & pricing some instruments, but decided that she was too old to take up something like that.
Tuesday, December 08, 2009
Sunday, December 06, 2009
1. the first time cassie had made a gift for her. it was just a card made out of construction paper that read; "happy birthday mom" it was the first time she called her mom too.
2. when her husband asked for a divorce. she knew that it was coming for a while, but when he just blurted out; "i want a divorce." as she walked in the door after a long day, it stunned her for a moment.
3. when jack and daniel confessed that they were in love with her at the same time. they were under the influence of some alien virus then.
4. when a new recruit on SG-12 said he thought that he was pregnant after coming back from his first off-world mission. it turned out to be a mild stomach virus.
5. when she found out about the stargate. she had always dismissed sci-fi as "silly," but here was something right out of one of those stories & she was, in a small way, going to be a part of it.
Thursday, December 03, 2009
Your Holiday Personality is Social
For you, the holidays are all about spending time with people you love - and even those you kind of like.
Host your own party - maybe even a few. Get people together for baking cookies, watching movies, and playing holiday charades.
Tuesday, December 01, 2009
Five times Daniel lied about a translation.
1. daniel looked at the tablet on the lab table & sighed. he'd been going over it for a hour & it was all in baby-talk! ma-ma, da-da, ga-ga, ca-ca, he'd never seen anything like it. "anything about the ori on that jackson?" mitchell asked from the doorway. daniel wasn't even sure what it was about. "no, sorry." daniel told him.
2. daniel stared at the obelisk, shading his eyes from the sun. they will come from across....the sky driving the serpents before them. he mentally translated. the silvered-haired one who....leads them, the woman with sun-kissed hair who's intelligence matches her beauty, the scholar who's vision is impaired, but will....see father than any other & the dark-skinned warrior who is marked with an emblem of gold. sounds familiar, too familiar. daniel thought. "well, anything interesting?" jack wondered. "um....it says that that goa'uld will be defeated." daniel said. "cool. does it say how?" jack asked.
3. it seemed to be a love story. girl meets boy, girl & boy go on adventures, girl saves, boy, boy saves girl, and after many trials they fall in love. it was written like a bad romance novel, not that daniel ever read one. he wondered why anyone bothered to scratch it on a temple wall. it didn't seem to be a legend or even a fable. "find something?" sam asked, walking up behind him & shining her flashlight's beam on the wall. "just graffiti." he said.
4. it's a bunch of nonsense words arranged in to form a poem. daniel thought after studying the rubbings he'd done of the glyphs teal'c had discovered on a fallen pillar. it reminded him of jabberwocky. "something of importance daniel jackson?" teal'c asked. "ah....i need to consult some reference books back in my office, but it seems to be just a inventory of a harvest." daniel told him.
5. the urn was mostly intact, a rare find in this area where earthquakes were common. it took daniel several moments to translate the rune-like graphemes, but as near as he could figure it was a listing of the urn's contents. small gold figures, necklaces, bracelets, loose gems & a diadem. it also said that this was number 65 of.... that part was broken away. suddenly someone came up, blocking the sun & making it harder for daniel to read any more. "so, was my source right? is there treasure here?" vala demanded to know. daniel caught a gleam in her eye that made him wonder if she was looking for praise or to make off with whatever was found. "just foodstuffs." daniel informed her, gesturing at the urn. vala pouted & went to see what sam was doing.
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Your Hidden Talent is Understanding People
Your natural talent is interpersonal relations and dealing with people.
You communicate well and are able to bring disparate groups together.
Your calming presence helps everything go more smoothly.
People crave your praise and complements.
Saturday, November 14, 2009
1. tv; especially the soap operas that she finds compelling.
2. the sweets; earth had some of the best cakes & candies of any planet that she's been to.
3. the shopping; so many stores, with so much variety & don't forget the wonders of "shopping at home" either through the internet or a catalogue.
4. karaoke nights at the local bars; fun, food, booze & music.
5. the freedom; she was allowed go & do what she wanted (within reason) on many planets you needed papers to move from area to area, even just from city to city. that is if you could get them. if you did, you still had to answer questions about who you were, where you were going, for how long & why when you got the border. then if you did make it across, the people in charge might ask you to leave for any number of reasons. sometimes they were looking for a bribe. other times just to exercise their power.
these earth people didn't know how good they had it.
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Your Ideal Island Vacation is Fiji
On an island vacation, you prefer to get the full beach experience.
And for you, that means staying somewhere with few people and lots of beach.
With over 300 islands, you can find your own private spot in Fiji.
Relax by the crystal clear water, or venture off to find a waterfall.
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
the holiday season will soon be upon us, but since the economy is in the crapper it's not likely to be a happy one. unless you're rich.
Friday, November 06, 2009
Wednesday, November 04, 2009
1. they ended up sharing the same room during one of several medical quarantines at the sgc. it was some kind of pox or flu, no one recalls which.
2. they were paired up during a training exercise where jack had to pretend to be injured & daniel had to carry him out of some forest.
3. they ended up in the backseat of sam's car after a sgc picnic. jack having been stung by a bee & daniel hit with a stray frisbee.
4. they ended up seated next to each other on a plane to d.c. once. jack usually took an earlier flight to avoid sitting near daniel, who talked too much on plane rides for his own comfort. jack was bumped & solved this issue by pretending to sleep.
5. both ended up walking cassie down the isle at her wedding because she couldn't choose one over the other.
Sunday, November 01, 2009
Saturday, October 31, 2009
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Your Mind is 57% Cluttered
Your mind is starting to get cluttered, and as a result, it's a little harder for you to keep focused.
Try to let go of your pettiest worries and concerns. The worrying is worse than the actual problems!
Monday, October 12, 2009
Tuesday, October 06, 2009
the other night i drove myself crazy the other night putting on & taking off covers. because first i was hot, then i was cold.
i'm thinking about putting away my shorts & lighter tops and drag out the pants & heavy-weight tops. but i know that as soon as i do, there'll be a few days or a week of warmer weather that will force me to pull out a few of the spring/summer clothes. just like when i put a way the cold weather gear, there's a few days or a week where i have to drag out some of the fall/winter stuff. *blerg*
Sunday, October 04, 2009
Friday, October 02, 2009
daniel never made more coffee after drinking the last of it.
jack ate most of the ingredients for s'mores.
sam instigated a naughty version of the name game song during the group sing-a-long.
vala decided she'd rather work on her tan, topless.
cam talked teal'c into leading a panty raid with him.
each of those infractions, by themselves, weren't enough to have them kicked out. all together they proved to much for the other teams to handle.
Monday, September 21, 2009
Your Birth Month Says You're Wise
Tolerant and inspirational, you are wise beyond your years.
You are universally sympathetic and a great humanitarian.
Your soul reflects: Devotion, light, and love
Your gemstone: Sapphire
Your flower: Morning Glory
Your colors: Brown and deep blue
Saturday, September 19, 2009
1. on P8X-620 when daniel went to negotiate with the village elders for the use of a herb that the doctors at the SGC thought was good for migraines. men had to have their heads covered indoors & daniel had lost his boonie, so jack handed over his cap.
2. on the world jack nicknamed redwoods because of it's forests of giant trees, sg-1 had split into 2 groups of 2. at that moment a group of birds in the tree they were under took a bathroom break. daniel hadn't worn his boonie or bandanna, so jack slapped his cap on him & pulled up the hood of his own jacket.
3. on P2A-842 jack had badly sprained his ankle. teal'c had made a pair of crutches out of some tree limbs & jack couldn't carry his gear. daniel took most of it. since jack had already hobbled away & daniel's hands were full, he put jack's cap on top of his bandanna and went after the others.
4. once after the SGC memorial day BBQ it started raining. daniel's head was bandaged after a recent off-world mishap, so jack told him to take his cap to keep the bandages dry.
5. after sampling a local drink on one world daniel got it into his head to do an impression of jack around the team's campfire that night. taking his cap & doing a rant about missing memos, the asgard, the NID & the goa'uld. which jack didn't find funny at all; but amused teal'c, caused sam to sprain something holding in her laughter, & daniel to think it was a dream in the morning.
Thursday, September 17, 2009
true, it isn't cheap, (but what is these days?) but you can save some money. get your tickets (badges) early, the closer you get to the show the more it is. for a hotel you can get a con rate at the 4 host hotels & in the "overflow" ones. the hyatt, hilton & sheraton are taking 2010 reservations now. the marriott will on oct. 1st, it's best to call directly & say you're coming in for dragon con. if you get someone to split the cost, that helps too. but you have to be careful, i read on on the d-con livejournal that someone went in on a room expecting to have 6 people in the room & it ended up being 12!
you also have to weigh your options with the hotels. if you want parties & the convenience of being near your hotel room (except for the sheraton, which is a block away from the others) go with a host hotel. if you want quiet, go with an overflow. the westin was about a block away from the hyatt & was nice, but the beds were kind of hard and a bit short.
we didn't get any pictures or autographs so we saved big there. i think the autographs were $40 apeice. so getting the big 4, shatner, nimoy, stewart & mulgrew alone would've been $160!
you can save on food by bring peanut butter, jelly & bread. some bring raman(sp?) noodles or a cooler with lunch-meat. however these are only options if you drive down there.
flying & the travel in general is another thing. if you fly you can save some by going through priceline, expedia or one of those sites. unless you want to drive around the city, you don't have to rent a car, the MARTA goes to peachtree center, which is convenient to most of the hotels (both host & overflow) if you drive down you might find someone to share gas expenses with, but you have to park the car some where. most of the hotels charge about $28 per day for valet & $21 a day for self parking. there are several lots in the area (we walked by some) but at least 1 doubled the price for the con. (it was $20 a day during the first 3 days & $10 on the last day)
so weigh the pros & cons of going and make your choice. i'd go for the full 4 days, true monday is a slow day but there's less of a crowd all trying to check out at once. trying to go for one day doesn't work all that well. unless you're local & there's someone that you really want to see in the late afternoon. (expect at least a 2 hour wait in line for the badge)
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
sadly the nimoy/shatner & friday's sg-1 panel didn't turn out. so-so camera + crap seats = bad pictures
i direct you here & here for shatner/nimoy pics
i direct you to here, here, here & here for the cunningham/jones/browder sg-1 panel
Monday, September 14, 2009
there was nothing that really interested us & my brother heavily hinted at a dealer that their anime DVDs were bootleg, so that encouraged me to get us out & head to the trek guest stars panel. on the way through the marriott lobby, near the starbucks, i see malcom mcdowell having coffee at this bar-thing they have set up. i pointed him out to my brother (by muttering out of the corner of my mouth), who pretended to check out something in the gift shop to confirm that it was him. on the way out my brother said; "i'm jealous, you got to see 3 famous people." i said; "it was more like 2 1/2, because i only saw that one guy from the back."
well at least not all of my "celebrity encounters" happened near the ladies room.
Sunday, September 13, 2009
got bottles of coke at great wraps to help combat ingestion & sooth burnt tongues. the line for mulgrew didn't start yet so we went to the con suite. my brother had the last of the scrambled eggs & bacon. i snagged a cinnamon bun (from krispy kream). i saw them put out pocky, told my brother who pounced on it.
we get in line about an hour before the mulgrew talk. near the front of the line for once. when she came out hardly anyone was standing up to applaud & i said; "stand up people, she's the captain!" she did an nice Q & A. she talked about giving blood next to this young woman dressed as a butterfly who was nervous about giving blood for the first time. the two women who were helping her (both irish) by saying; (imagine irish accents)
lady-1: "i understand one of the captains is giving her own platelets."
lady-2: "which one was that?"
lady-1: "you know, the one who got lost in the part of space that no one has ever heard of."
lady-2: "what was her name? mary? mary-kate?"
lady-1: "no it was jane something"
then mulgrew turns to them & says in that voice of her's; "you mean captain janeway?!"
lady-2: "sweet Jesus! it's the lady herself!"
Saturday, September 12, 2009
on the way to UPS we got caught behind people watching the parade. we caught glimpses of cathrine bach & john schneider (who knew that the dukes of hazzard was sci-fi/fantasy?) a platoon of ghostbusters, the harpies (an all girl quiddich team) lou ferrigno, a mad max group with that car thing with 2 guys (dummies) tied to the front, i think it was richard hatch with the BSG contingent & the 501 stormtroopers groop who brought up the rear.
Friday, September 11, 2009
Thursday, September 10, 2009
brother & i went to check out the olympic park then went to the world of coke. not really worth the $15 to get in, but you get to taste soda-pop from around the world. i strongly recommend avoiding something called beverly. nasty stuff.
we missed 15 great moments in stargate (didn't seem all that good anyway) for WOC, but got in to the sg-1 panel (browder/jones/cunningham) not that many people there (i'm sure if shanks was there with would've been packed) they got questions about browder replacing RDA, they're fave episodes & inconsistencies in uniforms. they talked about how hard it is for an actor to get work & sometime the only thing you can do is change the font on your resume.
Wednesday, September 09, 2009
after a breakfast at IHOP, we head to the airport. there weren't too many people in line to check in & the security line went pretty quick. while sitting by the gate waiting for the plane, i hear one guy telling someone that the atlanta international airport is one of the worst in the world. just what you want to hear before you go.
Thursday, September 03, 2009
everything came together really quick on this one. looking forward to seeing a bunch of trek people. michael shanks was scheduled, but had to cancel. *pouts* but it's for work, even if it does look like it's another crap sci-fi channel original or something.
william shatner was recently added as a guest & he makes the 3rd trek captain at d-con this year! now if we can just get brooks & bakula, i'm pretty sure that i could die happy some time after the convention. but no chance of that, since it's zero hour.
BTW there will be no text updates for this one. i will write up reports sometime after my return.
Saturday, August 29, 2009
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Your Birth Month Says You're Determined
Ambitious and strong, you find it easy to be successful.
You are brave and stubborn. No one's going to set your limits!
Your soul reflects: Strength, character, and devotion
Your gemstone: Peridot
Your flower: Poppy
Your colors: Orange, red, and light green
Thursday, August 20, 2009
1. it was too much for him to eat & it tastes bad cold. so he heated it up and it was editable.
2. we're allergic to something in it. either it's the octopus, the squid or the susumi. (sa-something) it's not the shrimp, we've had that before. unless it was treated with something. *shrug*
anyway the edges of our tongues were tingling & in my case, my throat felt like it was getting sore and my lips swelled up slightly. we each had a benedryl(sp?) and lived to tell the tale.
Sunday, August 16, 2009
a parrot, but he didn't want something that talked more than he did.
a fish, but he felt bad for them because they were trapped in a tank.
a snake was too much like his symbiote.
dogs reminded him of wolves, so they were out.
cats reminded him too much of jaffa, proud & aloof.
Thursday, August 13, 2009
i'm the tomboy type, no dresses, no make-up & the thought of dressing up makes me uneasy. but sometimes my girly side pokes her head out.
girly-me: oooo! look at this dress!
tomboy-me: we don't wear dresses. *shudder*
girly-me: it's so pretty & at least it's not pink.
tomboy-me: well that's true, but where would we wear it?
girly-me: um, halloween?
tomboy-me: maybe. would it be too weird just to wear it around the house where no one could see?
girly-me: it doesn't matter, because it's so pretty. *bats eyelashes*
tomboy-me: get away from me!
so it was a surprise to me that i wanted, a certain pair of shoes. these ones, to be exact. sears had them for like $64, shoe carnival had them for like $52, but today they were like $34. so i got them! *raises shoe box in victory*
so apparently i covet shoes some times, but apparently only "sporty" ones. next up, these converse ones. (i think)
shoe carnival is weird, they had music playing & when video killed the raido star came on the clerk come over the PA system & said; "if someone can tell me what's special about this song, you get a prize!' well i knew it was the first video played on MTV. so i told the guy & got a shoe carnival potato chip bag clip, in neon lime green. *rolls eyes*
Monday, August 10, 2009
Sunday, August 02, 2009
1. shopping for clothes. her mother will list the reasons why an outfit "just doesn't work." sam will just frown or bite her lip, depending on how bad or inappropriate an outfit is.
2. doing her homework. her mother does little more than "check her work." sam would give her hints & clues on how to figure it out herself.
3. taking walks around the neighborhood. her mother will quiz her about school & that boy in math that she foolishly mentioned was cute. sam will let cassie talk about whatever is bothering her or just walk in companionable silence.
4. riding in a car. sam will let cassie pick the radio station. her mom only listens to NPR or classical.
5. going to sci-fi conventions. her mother wonders why she doesn't go see art shows or something educational. sam doesn't get why she likes certain shows or movies, but she'll happily go along for company & take pictures of cassie with people in costume.
Monday, July 20, 2009
Friday, July 17, 2009
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Your Birth Month Says You're Pensive
Introspective and intense, you tend to be a deep thinker.
You are quiet and spiritual - and you have a unique perspective on life.
Your soul reflects: Lightness, luck and an open heart
Your gemstone: Ruby
Your flower: Larkspur
Your colors: Green and red
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
july 6, 2009
we got up bright & early to leave. (we'd regularly had been getting up anywhere form a hour to 30 min. before the alarm) the shuttle was scheduled for 8:50, so we killed time by watching yet another bond movie on USA, this time it was the man with the golden gun. there was a minor car wreck on the street that ran behind our hotel which was almost as entertaining.
i wanted to go check out at 8:14 (because who knows how long it would take) but my brother didn't want to wait too long for the shuttle, so we agree to go at 8:20. we get checked out in short order & the damn shuttle is 10 min. late!
there was some gridlock on the way to the airport that caused some tense moments. then the ticket agent prints all of our boarding passed with my name & our first flight number! luckily the TSA agent noticed it. we got the right ones (we both read them several times) and get on the plane. we could barely stay awake for lunch, which was BBQ chicken on a toasted ciabatta bread with coleslaw. the bread was too toasted for our tastes & the coleslaw barely had any dressing. there was a small, thin brownie for desert that was good though. after lunch we both slept briefly.
BTW we both think this guy was on our flight from los angeles. someone asked what he was doing in la. & he said something about two & a half men. so look for him this season.
at the airport we had to go down (up?) half of concourse A then over to B & go halfway up (down?) that. good thing the plane was on time or we'd have to haul ass. we got on the plane & made back to our home airport so that concludes our saga. overall it wasn't too bad, but we wouldn't do it again.
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
after a breakfast of subs at a 24 hour subway we hit the convention feedback session. everything that we wanted to address was brought up by others. several people said it was better in years past. i said to my brother; "of course it was."
we had time to kill until the next thing, so we went to the seller's hall. afterwards, we went to the manga cafe for a while. he wanted to go to the arcade for a while, i wasn't interested so i sat on the floor in the hall to wait.
the thing that we wanted to see was zelda mythbusters (can stuff from the video games be done?) but there was like 1,000 waiting to get in, so we said "f**k it" the room couldn't hold that many (it was the same one as the con feedback & the travel japan talk) a fact that people are bitching about on the anime-expo forums.
we walked the 8 or so blocks back to the hotel so we could check out a japanese convenience store. we each got a steamed bun & went to the hotel to have a dinner of them, some snacks & pop from the vending machine. which we had to get from another floor because there still wasn't any coke in the one on our floor. we scored by finding patriot games on tv from nearly the beginning!
BTW the prices for food that the convention center were obscene! $2.00 for a 12oz. can of pop! $6.00 for a little hamburger & fries! tip: go a few blocks in any direction to find a restaurant or bring your own food.
we didn't take pictures of the hotel or the convention center. if you want to see some; go to their sites. the los angeles convention center & the marriott downtown (i think it's the the la hotel downtown now)
Monday, July 13, 2009
we got up aiming to hit an origami talk at 9 and a lunch (brunch?) at IHOP at about noon. then try for another coptic markers thing later in the day.
we ended up cutting out of the origami thing early because that stuff was way too hard for beginners. i thought that we might make it to the cardcaptors movie: 2, but according to the revised schedule, it wasn't going on. *blaaaa!*
so we went to IHOP with about 1/3 of downtown los angeles. it was so busy in there, probably because it was open on july 4th.
on a side note; my brother was with me on the non-esclator thing most of the time. only going on them 4 or 5 times.
after a brief stop at the los angeles public library for pictures, we went tback to the hotel to rest until the coptic markers thing. USA was doing a bond marathon & we watched some of the world is not enough.
the coptic marker thing fell through because you had to draw something firs & can't draw. so we went to the manga cafe (basically just a place to read manga) for a while. then back to the hotel for tv & another dinner of snacks & pop. the machine on our floor was out of coke, so we had to get sprite.
Friday, July 10, 2009
day 2 of the convention, day 3 in los angeles for us.
the day started early for us as i wanted to check out a travel in japan talk & my brother wanted to go to some anime panel. so i get in line, but in a convention you don't know what's a line & what's just people just sitting along the wall.
i learned some interesting things in the travel japan talk.
- no one in japan has tattoos, except the mob. so if you have any they avoid you. so it's best to cover them up
- no one points at anything, they gesture.
- mcdonald's has a shrimp burger over there. i wanted it.
- even the locals get lost in toyko
later we went to fat burger for lunch. it was expensive, but good. after a while we went to the sellers hall & didn't make it to this coloring with coptic markers demo thing. we went back to the hotel to kill a couple of hours before the funimation preview. the "killing time" included yet another dinner of the snacks we brought & pop from the vending machine. it was late in the day & it started late, so it ended being the latest night out for us.
when we get back to the hotel, i discover another problem; a developing blister on the bottom of my left foot, just under the second toe. luckily we have bandaids & i decide to put one on in the morning & hope it sticks.
Thursday, July 09, 2009
because of standing out in the hot sun the day before, my brother & i are badly sunburnt. he had a ball cap, so it's on his arms, neck & ears. i had no hat & long hair, so it's on my face and arms. the "walking map" he gets from the valet booth isn't accurate & we have to wander for a few more blocks before finding the local pharmacy. when we do find it, we get aloe gel for the burns & a hat for myself.
all the wandering is making us late for the origami class we wanted to check out. since there's another one in a couple of days, we skip it & go to for breakfast. where we layer on the gel.
since the next thing we want to see is in the late afternoon, we take the DASH route F to the los angeles county museum of natural history. not much there & what is there has bad lighting, so that's probably why it was $9. the only good thing was the gem & mineral area. after taking some pictures of the rose garden next door, we go across the street to the USC campus to check out the lot, which is a food court. we each had a cup of frozen yogurt from red mango. i wasn't impressed with it, even thought it's supposed to be real yogurt.
we take the dash F back to the convention center where we apply more aloe gel, check out the arcade that they have set up & get in line for the right stuf panel afterwards, we head back to the hotel for a dinner of snacks, some tv watching & a slightly later bed time.
Wednesday, July 08, 2009
we got up at an ungodly hour to go to the airport. we made good time to the airport, so good were were about an hour & a half early for our plane! we over estimated not only the travel time, but also the time it took to go through security. but it's better to be early than late. after a delay of about 20 min. because of a broken strap in the cargo area, we took off.
my brother & i had water before take-off and cokes later, but some people were having liquor & it wasn't even noon! i wasn't as freaked out about flying as i thought i'd be. take-off was a bit nerve-racking though. i think there's at least 1 G in that.
we were more or less on time when we landed for our connection, but we had to wait on the ground for a while as they had to shuffle planes around. as a result; our connecting flight was boarding when we got off of the plane. luckily the gate was near where we landed.
we checked in to the hotel & had lunch (salads) at a california pizza kitchen that was just 2 blocks down the street. the convention center was just another 3 blocks down. so we get in line with about 2,000 other pre-registered people and after about 2 hours in the hot sun we got our badges, lanyards & a free magazine-sized, full-color program.
we walked back to the hotel & stopped at a quizno's to ask when the close. the guy said "we're already closed. we close at 6" (it was 5:35) so dinner in our room was some of the snacks we brought & 20 oz. cokes from the pop machine down the hall. ($1.50 each, but in the gift shop they were $2.59!)
we watched ice road truckers on the history channel & went to sleep at 8 p.m.
we're such party people *rolls eyes*
Monday, July 06, 2009
Sunday, July 05, 2009
Saturday, July 04, 2009
Friday, July 03, 2009
Thursday, July 02, 2009
Wednesday, July 01, 2009
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
^^that's the test of remote blogging or whatever it's called. that way i can make updates on our little adventure. i'll have to put in titles & labels upon my return.
BTW tomorrow's the day! *eep!*
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
my brother plans to sleep on the plane since we leave so early, but i think i'll be too nervous to sleep.
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Monday, June 22, 2009
You Scored an A
You got 9/10 questions correct.
It's pretty obvious that you don't make basic grammatical errors.
If anything, you're annoyed when people make simple mistakes on their blogs.
As far as people with bad grammar go, you know they're only human.
And it's humanity and its current condition that truly disturb you sometimes.
i wish i knew which one i missed
Thursday, June 18, 2009
there an origami panel/event (i don't know if that's about doing your own or what) that sounds interesting. "the art of glowsticking" apparently has something to do with dancing while holding glowsticks. "coloring manga w/copic markers" sounds interesting. on the last day there is a convention feedback panel. i'm sure that will be interesting too. if there's a good span of time where we aren't doing anything, we'll try to hit the los angeles county museum of natural history, or whatever it is called.
the realization; we'll be away from the internet for 6 whole days! *eeep* that will be a lot of spam to come back to.
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
You Are 35% Addicted to the Internet
Internet? Please. You're definitely not geeky enough to be that addicted.
You have a full life off your computer - and the internet is just a small pastime.
Monday, June 15, 2009
so we are looking into museums that are near the USC campus where a red mango is. it's with other eateries in a place called the lot, the thing is we're not sure if it's open to the general public. we can't find a phone number for the place, so i guess we'll find out when we go.
also in the way of food, we are looking to hit; california pizza kitchen, fat burger, panda express & maybe quizzno's too. we'll be taking pics of our food & i'll post them here. it will be like joseph mallozzi's blog. LOL!
Saturday, June 13, 2009
You Sometimes Don't Get Enough Sleep
You're often more tired than you'd like, and you're probably not getting enough quality sleep.
Sleeping a little more could make you a lot more energetic and happy.
Try having a bedtime, keep your bedroom cool, and only eat fruit before bed.
well i knew that
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
we did a dry-run packing for the trip & it was quite a chore! deciding what goes in the carry-on & what goes in the check-in bag. trying to remember what's allowed & worrying about the weight limits for both. we think we have it all figured out, but will do another dry-run or two in the next couple of weeks to be sure.
Tuesday, June 09, 2009
1. "the big chair." the chair at sam's desk was great. high back, extra lumbar support, adjustable tilt, upright locking position, a large nylon base for greater stability & hooded double wheel casters for easy movement. it was a thing of beauty.
2. her quarters were bigger than they were at the SGC & she had a view.
3. the meetings couldn't start until she arrived.
4. if there was some project or experiment that sam had an interest in she could assign extra people & resources to it. providing they weren't tied up in other assignments of course.
5. they always set aside a cup of blue jello just for her in the mess hall.
Monday, June 08, 2009
oy! there's so much to do; get luggage, luggage tags, luggage locks, get the room, airline tickets, event tickets. digital camera (& figure out how to work it) some kind of snacks in case we can't go get food. little bottles for shampoo, a little bag to keep not only that, but mouthwash & stuff in. find out the luggage size & weight limits. what the TSA will & wont allow on the plane.
how people can pack up & fly to caba san somewhere in a week is beyond me.
these entries will be daged with; anime-expo '09, as if there'll be a 2010 or any other year for that matter.
Wednesday, June 03, 2009
Your Birth Month Says You're Generous
Peaceful and harmonious, you seek the gentle side of life.
Your warmth and consideration touches many.
Your soul reflects: Friendship, love, and beauty
Your gemstone: Pearl
Your flower: Rose
Your colors: Light blue, white, and cream
Sunday, May 24, 2009
Monday, May 18, 2009
1. anytime he talked about star trek. he would toss out words like; klingon, phaser, & replicator (which apparently wasn't one of those replicators) and letter groups like TNG & TOS. all of which confused her.
2. when mitchell talked about cars. transmissions, distributors, carburetors & some sort of plugs that sparked. vala was befuddled.
3. if he'd go on about sports. point spreads, drafts, end zones, designated hitters & playing off. she was left bewildered.
4. whenever mitchell discussed the finer points of beer. lager, stout, lite, dark & drinkability. it confounded vala.
5. he was interested in sam & she in him, if vala was reading the signs correctly. vala couldn't understand whey he didn't make a move. was it the difference in rank? some regulation? both seemed to be discombobulated. she was perplexed by them both.
Thursday, May 14, 2009
warning! spoilers for the new trek
the new star trek movie is so....ugh!
i'd like to preface this by saying i haven seen it & will never see it. this is all for various spoilers.
first of all; young people, what is it with all of these movie franchises doing the early years crap now?
second; the fancy-pants ship. WTF? it's the ibridge by apple apparently.
aaannnnddddd it's a freakin' alternate time-line! which means that 40 years of trek history (some good, some bad) never happened!!
never mind all of the other WTFery of kirk being an arrogant ass (more than usual), vlucan being destroyed, spock & uhura are a item (her maybe to get kirk jealous) some people have a problem because it a teacher/student thing, the romulans are less than great, the original spock (they call him spock prime in the credits *rolls eyes*) shows up with something called red matter, (not sure what this is or why he has it, but it's very dangerous), mccoy gets pushed to the side story-wise,
and there's more i just can't recall it all.
most people are; "OMG! it's great!" or "OMG! it's horrible!" i really don't see how anyone can call this star trek. as my brother said; "it's not star trek, it's an action movie in space" i agree. i'm afraid to read full spoilers for this, i'm sick enough as it is. i won't even tag this post with "star trek." lest it soil the title.
all of the people involved in the original series who have passed on are going "WTF?!" as we speak.
*clings to all of the trek (series, movies & novels) that have gone before this*
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Friday, May 08, 2009
teal'c got sick on the mad tea party (spinning tea cups) ride.
mitchell got a date with the woman playing cinderella and the one playing snow white.
jack got sunburned when he fell asleep at blizzard beach.
daniel got lost while looking for a bathroom in the park; twice.
sam quietly cried in her room nearly every night. her mother was a fan of everything disney; the movies, the collectables & the music. she had forgotten until they arrived at the park, nearly every character they saw stirred up a new memory. coming there made sam realize how much she still missed her.
Thursday, May 07, 2009
Sunday, May 03, 2009
Saturday, May 02, 2009
1. the giraffes. they're so tall.
2. the elephants. he was fascinated by how they could pick things up with their trunks.
3. the rhinos. their horns remind him of some of the more formidable armor he's seen in the galaxy.
4. the manatees. teal'c can't understand how sailors could think they were mermaids, even if they were dehydrated.
5. the platypuses. once, before he was first prime, giant versions of them killed 8 jaffa in a unit that teal'c commanded on a planet that they were investigating for apophis. needless to say they didn't go back.
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Monday, April 27, 2009
Five times Daniel almost left the SGC
1. after his wife died. his reason for being in sg-1 was gone. but the goa'uld still needed to be defeated.
2. after being forced to relive the memory of his parents death over & over. he didn't want something like that to happen again. but he hadn't found his wife yet.
3. after he came back from being ascended the first time. he didn't feel like "himself". but he felt a need to find the lost city.
4. after he was all set to go to atlantis (packed & everything) but then there was the ori.
5. when he & sam started dating. he was worried that there'd be trouble with the fraternizing policy. but by that time he wasn't a member of sg-1 & was just a civilian advisor working with the sgc so they were fine.
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Thursday, April 23, 2009
this one was for peter deluise who directed several episodes of sg-1 over the years & even showed up as an extra a time or 2 & as a director in the wormhole x-tream episode.
archersangel writes: “if you’re still collecting questions for Peter DeLuise i have one; how did you get invoved with stargate in the first place?”
PDL: Mario Azzopardi left a directing slot open when he went to go direct a Movie of the Week toward the end of the second season. N. John Smith brought me in as a substitute because we worked together on 21 Jump Street. Jonathan Glassner had worked on 21 Jump Street as well so he was familiar with what I could do.more in the april 22, 2009 entry
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
1. underwear. never in her life had vala seen undergarments with so much bows & lace. not to mention so many colors!
2. a leather-bound journal. to write down any juicy bits of info she finds out. plus vala has a thing for leather.
3. a big box of chocolate. earth has great confections.
4. barrettes. she always liked hair ornaments.
5. a big hamburger with the works from a local diner. she heard people talking about it & was curious. vala thought she'd burst after eating it, but thought it was worth it.
Thursday, April 16, 2009
You Are a Centaur
In general, you are a very cautious and reserved person.
However, you are also warm hearted, and you enjoy helping others in practical ways.
You are a great teacher, and you are really good at helping people get their lives in order.
You are very intuitive, and you go with your gut. You make good decisions easily.
Monday, April 13, 2009
Five things clone Jack told Daniel that real Jack thinks are still a secret
during team trips to jack's cabin, jack was the one who filched some of daniel's special-order columbian coffee.
jack often thought that daniel was a smarty-pants who enjoyed showing off his knowledge.
jack knew that it was daniel who looked at his collection of playboys at his cabin because he stacked them neatly afterwards.
that jack thought it was a mistake to leave him on abydos.
he sometimes wondered if daniel had a crush on sam.
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Thursday, April 09, 2009
charlie, of course. jack's whole world changed when he died.
kawalsky. jack lost the only guy he felt he could talk to about what it's like to lead a SG team.
daniel. his life got complicated every time he died. mostly from the paperwork.
janet. jack felt they lost the heart of the SGC when they lost her.
skaara. even though daniel insists he and the others of abydos aren't "technically dead, just moved to a higher plain." jack regrets not spending more time with him.
Sunday, April 05, 2009
Thursday, April 02, 2009
Friday, March 27, 2009
1. that she enjoyed reading.
2. she had a fondness for small animals.
3. she would hug and kiss her every day & say "i love you."
4. she liked to sing, even though she didn't have a great voice.
5. normally a mild-mannered woman, she didn't take crap from anyone.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
5 TV shows that teal'c records so he never misses an episode (i did this one)
5 foods ____ can't stand (didn't do)
5 times ____ cried (didn't do)
Five times Daniel didn't ____ (i think this is mine, wish i wrote these down. didn't do)
Five times Sam & Jack ____ (didn't do)
Five things ____ said 100 times (built off of a moderator's suggestion. did this one)
five times ____ & ____ got lost (it think this is mine. didn't do)